MUMN Council had with Hon. Dr. Bernard Grech Leader of the Opposition,
MUMN would like to announce that during the meeting the MUMN Council had with Hon. Dr. Bernard Grech Leader of the Opposition, these points were raised: -
- Shortage of Nurses, Social Workers & ECG Technicians and how this shortage is affecting the service and our members.
- The delay to sign the sectoral agreement pertaining to the Phlebotomists & the Decontamination Sterile Technicians.
- The issue pertaining to our members working at the Engineering Division regarding the Government not paying their due allowances according to their sectoral agreement.
- The issue pertaining to the ICT Officers working at MDH regarding their standby and on call allowances.
- The issue regarding our Physiotherapists that due to their sectoral agreement, their profession is set back as it is part of a mix of other 10 allied professions. We explained the advantages of having a sectoral agreement on their own.
- The good news that the sectoral agreement pertaining to the Dental Surgery Technicians was signed.
- The fact that this year MUMN will start discussing two new sectoral agreements pertaining to the Nurses & Midwives and the ECG Technicians.